Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rachel's Dress





Oh, happy day! Two of my dear friends just celebrated their love for each other by holding a small and beautiful ceremony in a grove of tall trees in the Laurel Highlands. It was truly a breathtaking event, and I am proud to say that Iron City Upcyclery contributed by creating this dress for the lovely bride!

Rachel's dress was actually designed by Rachel herself, meaning that she came to me with a clear idea of what she wanted as far as the cut of the dress and the color and kind of fabric, making my job quite easy! After we talked about the design, we had a fitting session in which I got her measurements, and then I made a mock-up dress out of natural muslin. When that version of the dress got a thumbs-up from the bride-to-be, I went to work on the real dress. Here it is, the finished piece! I sewed Rachel's dress from natural woven cotton in light aqua, and I lined it in an ivory satin. My favorite detail is the tiny peek of white eyelet lace on each sleeve! I also made a little clutch-style purse for the bride since I had some leftover fabric. It was a very fulfilling project to see through from start to finish, and it made the beautiful wedding even more meaningful for me to behold and participate in.

::: Congratulations, Ian & Rachel! :::
You soar like two Great Blue Herons in love!


No comments:

Post a Comment