Thursday, April 21, 2011

Squirrel Bags



Every few months, I try to sift through my scrap fabric remnants to see what could be used for new projects. I recently found a couple of yards of squirrel-print fabric that my very talented friend Mary designed and hand-silkscreened for me over a year ago, tucked away in a corner of my studio. The fabric holds special meaning to me, so I really wanted to put it to use for something that would honor all the hard work and positive collaborative energy that was put into creating it! So, I contacted an organization that I've been an advocate of for many years now, Friends of Pine Ridge Reservation, and found out that two different groups on the reservation were in need of some diaper bags ASAP. What better way to use the fabric? Here are the eight diaper bags that are now in use by new parents in South Dakota, each one adorned with a happy squirrel clutching a sprig of lavender.

No comments:

Post a Comment