Friday, March 11, 2011

Spirit Fashion Show Sneak Peek!

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I am honored to have been asked to contribute eight pieces for this year's Spirit Fashion Show at CMU, and I am working hard to finish my dresses before the first fitting this Sunday. Just thought I'd share a few photos of and comments about the works-in-progress...

The theme for my part of the upcoming show is "Earth - The Element." When I was coming up with the nature-inspired pieces for the show, I kept thinking about how great it would be if the models could also wear some bits of "Earth" in their hair, too... which led me to immediately think of my amazingly talented friend from Fruits of the Forest in Oregon who designs and lovingly handcrafts beautiful accessories, headpieces, corsages, etc. from nature's bounty. I asked my dear friend if she would be interested in collaborating with me for the show, and she said yes! To my delight, the headpieces arrived yesterday in the mail, and I am just simply overcome with wonder at how magical and exquisitely perfect each one is!

I can't wait to see the models in their dresses and their headpieces... here are some photos to give you an idea of what's coming!





The Spirit Fashion Show is on Saturday, April 9th at Carnegie Mellon University. Spirit Fashion Show "is an entity of SPIRIT organization, Carnegie Mellon's Black awareness organization. The fashion show is among the largest annual events for CMU students. The show prides itself on presenting a diverse, vivacious, and entertaining atmosphere for any audience. In its 23rd year, the SPIRIT Fashion Show will continue to provide a platform for some of the most creative and distinct exhibitions to the Carnegie Mellon and Pittsburgh community."

1 comment:

  1. so glad they made it to you safely! You did a fantastic job of photographing them. Love the dresses so far, especially the interesting necklines!

    ReplyDelete