Monday, January 24, 2011

Wooden Ships Dress





Wooden ships on the water, very free and easy
Easy, you know, the way it's supposed to be
Silver people on the shoreline, let us be
I'm talking about very free and easy...

-Crosby/Stills/Kantner


Wooden Ships Dress was finished just recently; it was inspired by thoughts of creaky ships on glimmering waters and harbors full of graceful seagulls. There is something very magical about ship tales and ancient sea sagas, and those images were filling my head as I sewed away...

Wooden Ships Dress measures about 38" across the bust and 36" around the waist; it is available for $85 at Pageboy Boutique in Pittsburgh. ~SOLD~

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is really something. I love it, so sweet and romantic. Well done!-Z
    Ps I wish you were here to make our curtains, or a lil'chicken something or other for the restaurant.
    PPS have you heard that band Wooden Shijps? They are great if you havent, great sewing music... long moody psych-y riffs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soooo much for all of your sweet comments!

    Yes, totally, I love Wooden Shjips, and I also really love the song "Wooden Ships" that Jefferson Airplane does, which is what inspired this dress!

    P.S. I have some handsewn-decoration-ideas for your sweet baby restaurant... chickens and roosters, you say? Watch the mail... :)

    ReplyDelete