Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Spring Trunk Show in Pittsburgh!


I'm so very happy to announce my first trunk show on Thursday, March 25th from 6 to 8 p.m. at Wild Card handmade boutique/art space in Pittsburgh! If you will be in the area and are interested in seeing my handmade clothing in person, please save the date and plan on attending this rad event!

This will be an up-close and personal opportunity to see my handmade dresses, skirts, and tops as they look when worn as part of a complete ensemble! About a dozen of my springtime-inspired creations will be presented on models, and even more will be available for sale on a garment rack. I will discuss my sewing process a little bit during the show, too. There will also be complimentary wine and mineral water, as well as sweet snacks! My talented husband, Matt McDowell, will be providing the music for this special occasion.

This is truly a collaborative event that wouldn't be happening without the efforts of many wonderful folks. Rebecca Morris of Wild Card is to be thanked first and foremost for asking Iron City Upcyclery to be the first in a series of trunk show artists at her space. Thommy Conroy, the creative force behind the scenes at Pittsburgh's annual Sprout Fund Hothouse benefit, is also integral in assisting me with the trunk show. A group of my dear ladyfriends will be wearing pieces of my handmade clothing that night, and I am very thankful for their help and their support. Mary Tremonte, a Just Seeds artist, is contributing a custom silkscreen design for the fabric that will be used for a unique skirt in the show. Most importantly, my dear husband is to be thanked for his endless love and encouragement; he is my biggest inspiration.

Hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment