Friday, February 26, 2010

The Harvest Moon Dress






The Harvest Moon Dress is a piece that I made for myself to wear on the happiest day of my life: the day I married Matt (well, actually, one of the
two happiest days of my life... we had two "weddings," one legal wedding in the courthouse with just two witnesses, and then later another more festive-type ceremony at a cabin in the woods with friends, family, a potluck, music, and all that awesomeness!). Yes, I wore this dress to the Allegheny County Courthouse in downtown Pittsburgh on September 9, 2009, for the joyous occasion of marrying my wonderful and talented husband. Naturally, I needed a special dress for the event, and this is what I came up with. I named it The Harvest Moon Dress after the Neil Young song because we both love his music so much, and because our wedding was during the most beautiful time of year: autumn.

I used two vintage tablecloths to make this dress: one was a goldenrod color and made of linen, and the other was a sheer dark brown lace tablecloth. I made the flower corsage out of the lace trim on the goldenrod-colored tablecloth (I made a matching one for Matt, too).

The Harvest Moon Dress is not for sale, but I can make a custom version for you; just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment