Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fruits of the Forest Dress







The Fruits of the Forest Dress is a specially-made piece for my friend Myste in Oregon. I designed the dress using a similar cut as the Somebody to Love Dress, but I made a few changes to make this dress unique. The color scheme is based on hues and shades found in the beautiful forests of the Pacific Northwest: golden sunshine, green fir trees, white-capped mountains and pink rhododendrons all came to mind as I was sewing. The fabrics, ribbons, and notions used for this dress are all special vintage finds.

Myste is also a creative spirit; please check out her lovely and fanciful knitted creations by visiting her Etsy store!

The Fruits of the Forest Dress is a custom piece and is not for sale, but I can customize, alter, or re-use the pattern for a new piece. Just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment