Friday, February 26, 2010

The Dinette Skirt





The Dinette Skirt is a custom-made piece for one of my friends who shared with me an amazing photo of a diner waitress, posted above. I love this skirt! I designed it with clean lines and contrasting fabric panels so that it resembles an apron or vintage waitress' uniform. The front and back panels are made of vintage knit fabric with a wonderful lime green/turquoise/black & white geometric criss-cross pattern, and the side panels and waistband are cut from turquoise cotton fabric that I found in a thrift store. I used elastic for the waistband and added a ruffle, too. The faux side pockets have wooden leaf-button closures sewn on with bright green crewel thread, and the bottom hemline is accented with oak-brown rickrack. Divine! I can't wait to see it on my friend.

The Dinette Skirt is for sale at Wild Card in Pittsburgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment